Thursday, August 13, 2009

Martha Stewart Weddings

Hello all...I have arrived safely in NY and thought I would take a few minutes to share what I really enjoy about the Martha Stewart Weddings magazine, which is my pick for today. I do think I am a fairly crafty person, but honestly there is alot in this magazine I would not even begin to attempt, for example, the cutting of paper garlands shown on page 150. With that said, however, I do think that this magazine's biggest strength is its ability to expose the smallest details of a wedding. If you are looking for little detailed items for your wedding (homemade or not) this is the magazine to source.
I folded down over 30 pages in this magazine with little details that inspired me for future events. I am inspired visually, so I am certain that alot of beautiful things in this magazine inspire Brides and Grooms. You could find something that you want to represent very much as you see it in the magazine or perhaps it inspires you to do something conceptually the same, but stylistically very different than what you see.
My favorite article in this issue is titled "Let them eat Cupcakes"!!! Now as I see it, the only immediate challenge with attempting to read this article is how badly you will be craving one of the aforementioned cupcakes when you finish! UGH! Original recipes and nothing too outlandish. BEAUTIFUL presentations and clever, clever, clever. The problem??? It appears you have to make them yourself...My favorites from this article...on the first page we find the most adorable cupcake they refer to as "Fresh Baked Blooms" a vanilla cupcake with yellow, ivory and pink Swiss meringue blossoms perched on top. Another cupcake they highight is called "Sugar and Spice" which is a pale pink with beautiful sugar brushed flower petals on top. The cupcake itself has jewels of candied ginger hidden inside a zesty ginger cake. Now, the one that will send me immediately up the street to the nearest bakery is the "Berry Delicious" This cupcake is nothing short of STUNNING and is meringue, split and filled with strawberry-rhubarb compote and cream whipped with creme fraiche...sounds right up my alley. Cupcakes can be used in so many ways at a wedding...they can be used on a Viennese Table at the Reception, they can be individually packaged and used as a favor as your guests depart, they can be used as a "Turn Down" amenity for your out of town guests at their hotels or as a welcome gift for them...you can be assured that however you decide to use them, your guests are guaranteed a Sweet Ending!!
XOXO, Tamara




No comments:

Post a Comment