Friday, August 28, 2009

Dallas Brides MODERN LUXURY


Dallas Brides Magazine published by Modern Luxury...now this magazine I really love. The reasons are really simple and perhaps it is because it is a fairly new publication and there is a level of sophistication and expectation by the wedding readers, but they have impressed me and I hope they will continue to!

Reason #1 Sophisticated wedding gown spread...WOW! This shoot is set in one of my favorite places of all time the St. Regis Hotel, New York and Modern Luxury has managed to find the most stunning and sophisticated gowns that are fashion forward, yet not too much that they wouldn't be selected by a semi-conservative Southern Bride. Brilliant! and Stunning photos to boot by a NY photographer named Jill Wachter http://www.jillwachter.com/ . Please checkout her website...she is extraordinary at her work. My favorite gown in this spread is the Reem Acra "White Cloud" gown...and how elegant it looks in this photo with gloves...Brides beware...the Debutantes will definitely be after this one...

Reason#2 TONS of articles/editorial...this is what I LOVE in a magazine. There are a significant number of advertisements as well, but I don't feel like there is so much advertising I cannot clearly find the articles I seek. None of the articles in this magazine are too lengthy to read through quickly. Lots of one to two page articles and editorial that have lots of good information! I love the article on all of the upcoming trunk shows! Great Information! They have these little pages they call "Wed Dossier" and each page has a category. I love the Floral page...beautiful and slightly contemporary uses of floral and highlighting two of my favorites Mami of Botanical Art and Todd Fiscus back at Avant Garden???well, there he goes again...I cannot even begin to keep up with Todd. I wish I knew where he got that energy...Congratulations Todd!!!I also really love the "Wed Dossier" food page on the Incredible Shrinking Menu. I LOVE this concept and we have been using it in NY at the cocktail receptions there for a while. It is a great idea and helps with people going too crazy at the reception and then having no room for the three-course dinner that is soon to follow. Passing minis is great too...it keeps lines down at stations (if there are any) and definitely keeps people mingling. Great article on a fabulous party food tip!

Reason #3...It's just pretty. It is a glamourous looking cover and it just makes me want to pick it up off the shelf and give it a home...mission accomplished Modern Luxury. Thank you and I look forward to the next!
XOXO, Tamara

1 comment:

  1. Having read about the Dallas Brides really I am impressed there is no doubt.Modern Luxury's bridal magazines are dedicated to brides that expect the very best. Thanks for post.

    If you wants more checkout website http://www.drywaterband.com/services/dallas-wedding-bands

    ReplyDelete