Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Knot.com

I feel like this was one of the first major wedding websites out there and in my mind still one of the very best! Carley Roney is a Rockstar and everyone loves her. I had the pleasure of meeting her a few times in NY and she was always such a lady. She is still giving Bride's great advice daily on this site and I know so many girls out there appreciate all of her gracious guidance.

The great things about this site are pretty evident when you land on the homepage. The wedding channel.com website and the knot.com website are very similar in appearance and setup, but once you click into the categories you will find things to be much different. The knot.com has the BEST wedding gown gallery...the most designers by a longshot and the best dresses. This site has a wedding of the week which is always beautiful and filled with great detail ideas and they have an unparalleled section of real weddings.

When I was married a few years ago I got a log-in for the knot and they personalized so many great resources for me. I had a wedding checklist, guest list and budget that I customized to help me keep track of everything. I recommend this to any Bride and Groom...even if you have people hired to assist you with everything, it is great to keep some of these tools privately so you always know where things are at.

The last thing I will say I love about the knot is that it doesn't forget about you after the wedding...I still log on and it tells me how many days it has been since my wedding (by the way I apparently had 184 items on my checklist incomplete...hard to believe...I'll have to look into that one day especially since our wedding went off without a hitch), but the best is that they have two additional sites called the nest and the bump...so visit www.theknot.com for all of your wedding needs...visit www.thenest.com for the post marital bliss stage (and also the stage where you have to figure out where to hide all the stuff he brought with him from college for your new home) and visit www.thebump.com for all the pregnancy fun and excitement! I love that they stay with you and keep in touch! Enjoy tying the knot with the knot.com!
XOXO, Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment