Thursday, August 13, 2009

Elegant Bride!


First of all, my apologies for the late night blog this evening (Wednesday)...busy day packing for my trip to NY tomorrow, so the day got a little crazy...Good news for my readers is that you will get one post tonight and then again in the afternoon tomorrow once I have landed in NYC!!!
I do love an Elegant Bride and I really like this publication so much. I actually really READ this magazine...cover to cover...every article...and I always find that I learn alot and come away with some really great ideas for the future.
This Summer 2009 publication is no exception so let me share some of my favorite things from this issue...
First of all, just a really great favor idea...on page 24 they show this adorable photo of a chic sugar box tied with a ribbon. It is really pretty and a real twist on a favor box...They have filled it with Jordan Almonds, but I would imagine you could fill it with your favorite delicacy!! I am putting this one in my file so if you have time to grab this issue definitely check it out!
There are two articles which I really enjoyed in this issue of Elegant Bride. The first is called "Seaside Escape" and can be found on page 62. It is a story of a real wedding that took place at the One & Only Ocean Club in the Bahamas. It was a beautiful party and really well done. The backdrop at the Ocean Club is really quite stunning, but this wedding really used the simplicity of the natural beauty of the environment to really make the event shine. Fresh colors in all of the florals...an ocean side dinner setting that was stylish, yet simple and elegant...tropical drinks like the "Beach Comber", "Bahama Mama" and "Love Potion"...paint brushes with calligraphied notes that said "Brush the Beach From your Feet"...and a cake that was so stylistically on target it graces the cover of this issue. It is definitely worth a look if you are planning a beach wedding. Congrats to all involved. Beautifully done!
The other article I really enjoyed was an article on St. Lucia called Sublime St. Lucia. It is a travel article really, but it highlights some of the beautiful resorts located on this Caribbean isle.
It talks about three resorts in particular which are Ladera (where I am certain I would not mind waking up every morning), Discovery at Marigot Bay and Cap Maison. The article also discusses the notable landmarks, including the Pitons, which are a pair of forest clad volcanic peaks. For couples considering the Caribbean this article is a must read and if anyone ends up at Ladera, where every suite in the 31 room resort is missing a fourth wall, please send me a note and tell me if it is as magical as it appears in this article.
Well, onto a little more packing. Until tomorrow...
XOXO, Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment