Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New York Palace Hotel













When you land on this beautiful hotel's page you will see the following flash across the screen alongside stunning photographs of a legendary place.
"Iconic Address, Inherent Charm, Exceptional Service, Luxury at Every Turn, Truly NY"
Well, I could go on and on, but that just about sums it up! This hotel is my second favorite behind the Waldorf...maybe because of it's unique Ballroom space with a beautiful domed ceiling, the hip bar in the middle of a completely traditional environment or pehaps it is the beautiful view of St. Patrick's Cathedral from the courtyard. I imagine it could be all the amazing history that you feel the minute you enter.
Now, of utmost importance and absolutely no relevance, I had my first celebrity sighting at the Palace when I moved to NY. My older brother, Mark, told me I had to call him immediately (no matter the time of day) when I saw my first official celebrity. Well, there I was on a Sunny Sunday afternoon after being in NY for a week, when I was passing by The Palace and nearly ran right into...MR. T. Yep, as a child of the 80's and a girl with two brothers who were totally addicted to "The A-Team"...this was a HUGE sighting. Of course the call was immediate to Mark who whole heartedly approved of this initial experience!!!
Now, the only challenge with the Palace is that it is a smaller ballroom. They can hold 150-200 (if everyone's skinny), but it is a beautiful place and the people I have come to know in our industry that find themselves working there are always warm and kind. The guest rooms are touted as the Biggest and Best in NY and although I have not had the privilege of staying there I believe it and I always recommend this hotel for friends visiting the city!!!
Take some time and visit http://www.newyorkpalace.com/ I am sure you will be impressed.
XOXO, Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment